I hope you’ve been spending the weekend outdoors enjoying beautiful weather.. hopefully with your dads. Father’s Day wasn’t a huge to-do in my house (my dad doesn’t like fuss) but the day is always a great reminder of all the ways he has contributed to my life. I am forever grateful to him for his personal brand of gentle guidance and unwavering support. For some very strange reason, he’s always believed that I can do anything and encouraged me to take whatever adventure I can dream up. Thanks, Dad! Now, as the weekend winds down, I thought I’d share a few links that caught my eye this week.
- These fun portraits of grandmothers in the kitchen highlight how differently people live around the world. Not only are there some … interesting foods – caterpillar, anyone? – but the styles of dress, the varying levels of wealth, and even what their homes look like also make for telling snapshots of these people’s lives. Plus, is there anything more comforting than a grandmother making your favorite meal?
- I loved this cute Metropolitan Diary piece written by one dad.
- Has new technology dumbed down children’s classics like Winnie the Pooh? This op-ed piece says we should be concerned.
- I’m sure my fellow NYers will agree that this is soo true: 23 Signs You’ve Lived In New York City Too Long
- And here’s another fun side of the city, as captured by TIME International Photo Editor, Patrick Witty on Instagram.