Since everyone left such positive feedback and encouragement on my 101 in 1001 list last month, I thought I’d do a monthly bucket list to help me stay on target now that I have so many people to keep me accountable.
By the way, I already crossed off two items in May: creating a capsule closet and an editorial calendar (which hopefully means more consistent posting around here).
I’m hoping this will be a fun way to focus on a few things at a time and slowly make progress on the larger list, but I’m not putting too much pressure on myself.
Most exciting on the agenda for June is learning how to drive and finally getting my driver’s license, which I’ve been putting off for years. It will be a dream come true to finally be able to drive out of town for long weekends and actually be able to do road trips (assuming my mom will let me have the car!)
I’m also looking forward to doing a couple things for the first time, like seeing Shakespeare in the Park and going to the Whitney in its new location in the Meatpacking District. Even though I’ve lived in New York City for more than 10 years, I’m sad to say I never even visited the old location.
UPDATE – Here’s how I did!
- Learn how to drive – In progress. I may have underestimated how many steps are involved in this process, but I’m happy to report that I passed my written test with a perfect score and got my learner’s permit! Next up is enrolling in driving lessons.
- Reconnect with an old friend – Check. Thank God for Facebook.
- Go see Shakespeare in the Park – Check. My friend Jane gave me an extra ticket for The Taming of the Shrew, which was performed by a stellar all-female cast. Yes to girl power! Thank you, Jane, for waking up at 5am to line up for tickets.
- Visit the New Whitney Museum – Check. My friend Jordan and I both checked this out. I wasn’t totally impressed, but I’m glad I did it.
- Bike around Battery Park – Check, sort of. Alex and I spent an afternoon strolling around Battery Park and treating ourselves to a bottle of wine by the water. The views of the sunset from the waterfront are so amazing. But, I think I’ll reserve the biking for Central Park.
- Get an accountant – Back to the drawing board for this one.
- Blog at least twice a week – Almost there. I missed the last week in June and then went on vacation, so I’ll have to try again.
- Redesign the blog – Check. I hope you all love this new design as much as I do. It’s still a work in progress, so please let me know what you think!
- Read 3 new books, including one Shakespeare play – Check. This month I read “Ernest Hemingway on Writing,” “Practicing the Power of Now,” and “The Taming of the Shrew,” which I hadn’t read before seeing the play at Shakespeare in the Park.
Wondering what I’m up to next? Read my summer bucket list here.