June Bucket List

photo-1432712641917-22ce322ab531

Since everyone left such positive feedback and encouragement on my 101 in 1001 list last month, I thought I’d do a monthly bucket list to help me stay on target now that I have so many people to keep me accountable.

By the way, I already crossed off two items in May: creating a capsule closet and an editorial calendar (which hopefully means more consistent posting around here).

I’m hoping this will be a fun way to focus on a few things at a time and slowly make progress on the larger list, but I’m not putting too much pressure on myself.

Most exciting on the agenda for June is learning how to drive and finally getting my driver’s license, which I’ve been putting off for years. It will be a dream come true to finally be able to drive out of town for long weekends and actually be able to do road trips (assuming my mom will let me have the car!)

I’m also looking forward to doing a couple things for the first time, like seeing Shakespeare in the Park and going to the Whitney in its new location in the Meatpacking District. Even though I’ve lived in New York City for more than 10 years, I’m sad to say I never even visited the old location.

UPDATE – Here’s how I did!

1. Learn how to drive – In progress. I may have underestimated how many steps are involved in this process, but I’m happy to report that I passed my written test with a perfect score and got my learner’s permit! Next up is enrolling in driving lessons.
  2. Reconnect with an old friend – Check. Thank God for Facebook.
  3. Go see Shakespeare in the Park – Check. My friend Jane gave me an extra ticket for The Taming of the Shrew, which was performed by a stellar all-female cast. Yes to girl power! Thank you, Jane, for waking up at 5am to line up for tickets.
  4. Visit the New Whitney Museum – Check. My friend Jordan and I both checked this out. I wasn’t totally impressed, but I’m glad I did it.
  5. Bike around Battery Park – Check, sort of. Alex and I spent an afternoon strolling around Battery Park and treating ourselves to a bottle of wine by the water. The views of the sunset from the waterfront are so amazing. But, I think I’ll reserve the biking for Central Park.
  6. Get an accountant – Back to the drawing board for this one.
  7. Blog at least twice a week – Almost there. I missed the last week in June and then went on vacation, so I’ll have to try again.
  8. Redesign the blog –  Check. I hope you all love this new design as much as I do. It’s still a work in progress, so please let me know what you think!
  9. Read 3 new books, including one Shakespeare play – Check. This month I read “Ernest Hemingway on Writing,” “Practicing the Power of Now,” and “The Taming of the Shrew,” which I hadn’t read before seeing the play at Shakespeare in the Park.

Wondering what I’m up to next? Read my summer bucket list here.

Share:

12 Comments

1. June 8, 2016 / 2:15 pm

I was thinking about your blog the other day and was wondering did you tackle anything in your list…I see two so far but you will have more this month. Getting a new car this month is one of my bucket list to do.

2. June 7, 2016 / 3:02 pm

If you want to read something and you don’t know what, you can check my blog, I’m a beginner, but I have some reviews in English and if you want to you can add me on facebook to talk more about good books 🙂 P.S. I’m currently studying Shakespeare at the university and we can discuss his works if you want to 🙂 Nice list! Keep writing!

3. June 7, 2016 / 5:56 am

My bucket list this month is to get my nursing registration as I have waited for 6 long months now. I am working on it as I have to sit an English test (which is the hardest part). If I get this out of the way, I’ll be the happiest person in the world. 😊 (fingers crossed)

• June 7, 2016 / 4:46 pm

That’s so exciting! I’m sure you’ll do great on the test 🙂 Congratulations on making it this far, future nurse!

4. June 6, 2016 / 12:55 pm

Great bucket list! I just used a picture from Shakespeare in the Park on a post about ‘The Merchant of Venice’ and some new takes on Shylock. Hope you win the ticket lottery. Read the post for a way to get a new take on ‘Taming of the Shrew’. BTW, ‘Taming of the Shrew’ is playing now in DC with an all-male cast. Original to the 16th century, very au courant today!

• June 6, 2016 / 1:07 pm

Thanks, Ellen! I’m crossing my fingers. I’ll check out your blog post now.

5. June 6, 2016 / 8:44 am

Planning to stand in line for Shakespeare in the park this Wednesday. If I get the tickets and you are available in the evening it would be awesome if you could come see it with me. They’re playing “Taming of the Shrew.” An all female cast, too!

• June 6, 2016 / 1:05 pm

That’s so sweet of you, Jane! I’ll message you on Facebook about this 🙂

6. June 4, 2016 / 9:07 pm

I love the idea of a monthly bucket list! Great inspiration and good luck on everything!

7. June 4, 2016 / 3:57 pm

I love your bucket lists! I NEED to learn to drive too. I’m nearly 25 and I’ve put it off too long. Let us know how your driving experience comes along 🙂 I’ve been practicing too. My goal is by the end of summer to have my license..

• June 4, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Thank you! I’m 25 too and was just thinking how I should absolutely know how to drive by now. Congrats on getting started! I’ll post an update next month about my progress.