Fall Bucket List

Pumpkins | Fall Bucket List - Jhaneel Lockhart

You might have guessed from my numerous proclamations of love for summer, but I’m not the biggest fan of this time of year. The dark evenings and cold weather just don’t work for me. In fact, I always joke that I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder.

But I’m determined to enjoy the heck out of fall this year and, to start, I’ve made a fall bucket list. As I was coming up with the list, I realized that maybe I don’t mind fall so much after all. (Updating my wardrobe with a few new pieces certainly helped.) Just don’t talk to me about winter.

Go apple picking.

I’ve never been. But despite Alex’s protests that we could just buy apples at the store (*insert eye roll*), I’m looking forward to spending the day out of the city and enjoying the country air.

Take a trip upstate.

Speaking of the country, I’d love to take a weekend trip before the weather gets crazy cold. Lately, I can’t stop thinking about driving up to the Hudson Valley or the Adirondacks for some hiking.

Bake a pie (or two).

What else am I going to do with all those apples? I’ve never successfully baked a pie, but I’m already drooling at the thought of some apple pie à la mode. I’ve also been pinning lots of pumpkin desserts to try.

Stroll through Central Park.

We may get a chance to do a bit of leaf-peeping on our way to the apple orchard. But Central Park should be on every New Yorker’s fall bucket list. Although it’s great in every season, the foliage is particularly beautiful in autumn.

Celebrate Thanksgiving with family.

My family doesn’t do Thanksgiving the traditional way, with turkey and stuffing. Most likely there’ll be a bunch of Jamaican dishes at the table (or on the couch where we’ve been known to host a holiday dinner. Shock, horror!) Either way, I love the opportunity to spend time together while indulging in some good home cooking.

Stock up on scented candles.

One of the things I actually missed this summer was the ability to cozy up the place with some nice candles. Getting some new fragrances is at the top of my to-do list.

Curl up with a few books.

As you can tell from my recent post on what I’ve been reading lately, I’m on a good streak. Now that the weather is cooler, staying in and curling up with a good book is even more appealing!

What’s on your fall bucket list?

P.S. I struggled to get through September bucket list. Here’s hoping I have better luck this time.

Share:

15 Comments

1. October 30, 2016 / 9:59 pm

Got inspired by your fall bucket list 🙂 Scented candles are always a must for the mood

2. October 10, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Nice fall bucket list you have. This is honestly one of my favorite times of year. I wrote a post not long ago about my favorite things associated with autumn and my list included the leaves changing colors, foods that we eat during this time of year, big over-sized sweaters and hoodies, etc. I don’t like when it gets really cold, but I do like the cool crisp mornings that fall brings.

• October 13, 2016 / 2:10 pm

Thank you, Mary! I’m learning to love fall. You’re so right; there’s so much to enjoy during this time of year. I’ll definitely check out your post. 🙂

• October 13, 2016 / 2:20 pm

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Crossing my fingers that I can complete the list!

3. October 10, 2016 / 2:04 pm

This is great! Fall is the best!!

• October 13, 2016 / 2:35 pm

Thank you! I’m coming around, but I’ll always be a summer girl at heart 😉

• October 13, 2016 / 3:28 pm

Me too! lol I love the sun!!

4. October 10, 2016 / 12:16 pm

The Adirondacks will probably be gorgeous this time of year 🙂 I’m from New England, and I made a point to visit New Hampshire this year to see the leaves — loved it! It was a lot of fun, though a bit cold for me.

Best of luck with your fall bucket list!

• October 10, 2016 / 12:44 pm

Thanks, Natalie! And I can only imagine the amazing scenery in NH! I think I’m going to leave my New England trip for the summer though, when it’s not so chilly!

• October 10, 2016 / 12:46 pm

I don’t blame you. It was about 10 degrees colder in NH than in my home state — brr! The winter is even worse. Warm weather sounds good to me 😉

5. October 9, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Nice list! bath and body works has buy one get one free candles today and tmrw! try out the pumpkin banana muffin candle its my favorite!

• October 10, 2016 / 11:12 am

Ooh!! Thanks for the great tip! I’ll definitely have to get my hands on a few. The pumpkin banana muffin scent sounds awesome!

6. October 9, 2016 / 1:33 pm

I love to make hot apple pie with some vanilla ice cream… perfect on a cold day 😛

• October 10, 2016 / 11:11 am

Yesss! We went apple picking yesterday and bought some pie at the farm. It was soo good with a dollop of vanilla ice cream! 😀